Friday 16 March 2012

Poland!

Hi there!
Poland was class.
Great people, good schedule, beautiful nature, powerful retreat, amazing team and loads of fun!
I was struck by the generosity and hospitality of the people we met. It challenged me to take a second look at the way we receive guests...

The student retreat was located somewhere in the mountains with a beautiful sight. On saturday morning I woke up and the view from our window showed a beautiful blue sky over a frozen lake with some misty mountains in the background. STUNNING!! Best start of the day ever :)

The retreat itself went very well. Combine over 50 students from all over the place (Bielsko, Krakow, Sosnowiec, ... ) with some good teachings, prayer and fun and I guarantee a good experience.

Next to that we had a tour around Bielsko by Ania and Maciek.

Market square Bielsko-Biala
On monday we visited Szczyrk. For those who remember the kairos weekend in Poland 2008. That was in Szczyrk. So many nice memories came back :)
Here is a picture we took 4 years ago.

The only difference was the weather. This time it was cold and snowy...
And the last day we visited Krakow, where some of the students showed us around. It was good to see where they pray and meet as a group at the Dominicans (Beczka). A very beautiful city.

Also... I found my camera -thanks for your prayers :) - but only after I came back from Poland. So the only picture I have that we actually took ourselves is this one: 

our team: Maarten (Leuven) - Sam (Leuven) - Leah (Dublin) - Me (London) - Eoin (Dublin)
Dziękuję!

No comments:

Post a Comment