Thursday 12 July 2012

some last highlights - I will let the pictures do the talking

I have a feeling this post will not work very well for everyone who gets this as an email. Go to http://msgoeslondon.blogspot.be/ for a better view.


Oxford
Christchurch. Alice in wonderland and Harry Potter.
http://www.chch.ox.ac.uk/
Mercy took us, Gappers, to Oxford for a day.
In The Eagle and Child.
The pub where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis
loved to exchange ideas.
Beautiful city with a hint of Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Harry Potter.



























Koinonia weekend away
making movies... Guess which one it is based on. tip: Disney

After they said goodbye to us and prayed for everyone who was leaving.


A weekend to say goodbye,
a weekend to thank God for the year,
a weekend to relax after exams and a busy term.




Celebration in Richmond!

 Celebrating the year with the Koinonia team.
A picnic, a nice town and a boat ride.
And then back home an amazing dinner.
We got spoiled in London!







Camden

 
I only found out about this place 1 week before I left. If you like markets, I strongly recommend this one. It was my favorite in London!
Take the tube to Camden town and you'll see the first shops on your right hand side.

Gapper Farewell
I do not have any pictures of these.
Saying goodbye was a long and painful process. Our first official goodbye party was the 10th of June, where the community said farewell during the meeting with a 'gapper farewell open house' at the Brothers afterwards. This was so early, because Camille left earlier than everyone else.
Lucy, one of the koinonia girls, prepared us a thank you/goodbye dinner.
I was invited to a very nice gourmet dinner at my host family (The Potters) to celebrate our year together.
It was also a last chance for a lot of people in community to invite us before we left :)
Joe gave us the last 2 weeks off to see things in London that we wanted to see and had not had the time to do so. So I went to see the musical of 'The Lion King' with Clara. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgZtzDj_7o
Some friends came to visit last minute.
We visited our new friends and some families for the last time...
And on Sunday morning, Mercy, Elyssa and Julia brought me to the train station.

Home 
I came home to a beautifully decorated house.
Did not expect that!


Sad to leave, happy to be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment