Tuesday 29 November 2011

A wedding in Belgium

Hello there!

I'm back :)
Back from not writing for a long time.

And back from an enjoyable weekend in Belgium!
Karolien, one of my ex-household-mates got married on Saturday.
It was a very nice time, a beautiful wedding and fantastic to see so many friends. Great to hear about all the changes the new school year brought.
Karolien en Gillis, I wish you all the best in your marriage!

I got the chance to see my parents and siblings for some time. So good to be able to come home for a weekend, having a nice time, going out for dinner, update each other about little things in life that have or haven't changed,...
It quickly felt as if I had never been gone.
Even though I really enjoyed being home, I am glad the GAP-year is not over yet. Being home, showed me that I still have a lot of things that I want to learn and master before going back for good.

In the midst of travelling from home to Lebbeke to Leuven, back home and back to London, I was able to meet a friend from university for a few hours. It's such a blessing that she was able to free some time.
I really enjoyed walking around in Leuven and chatting about the placements next year and so much more!

For everyone who is planning a trip Belgium-London or London-Belgium:
When I was booking my travels, I found out about cityjet.com. At that point it was cheaper than the train and way easier than the Ryanair. So I took this option & it was amazing!
The plane leaves inside London and not an endless train-ride away. And it arrives in Antwerp. (Very close to where I live.)
Both the airports are very small and you are only supposed to be there 15mins in advance. Everyone is extremely nice to you (HUGE difference with Ryanair flights and airports) and you get free (!) food and drinks on the plane. Also, they let me bring a big suitcase and hand-luggage included in the price. So I was able to bring all my winter clothes from home to London. Thank God!
So it's really worth checking the prices when you come over!




During the same weekend people were coming to London for a SWOT-weekend. My roommate last year was one of them. I got to see her on Thursday.
Loads of blessings for me this weekend! Thank you everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment