Monday 3 October 2011

The Phantom of the Opera

Miracles do happen.

Clara (a friend from Belgium who lives in London for this year) and I were talking a few days ago about the big 25th anniversary of the Phantom of the Opera in the Royal Albert Hall.
We were both dreaming of being able to go and see this masterpiece.
The only problem: I do not have a budget for this kind of dreams to come true.

A few days later I get an email from her with more or less the following: "Hey Marie-Sophie, do you remember this Phantom of the Opera thing? It is the day after tomorrow. I bought you a ticket. Would you like to come?"

WOW! Of course I want to!!

And so it happened that yesterday evening Clara and I were standing in this stunning hall, with thousands of people, listening to breathtaking music, watching masquerades, a man with a white masque and exploding chandeliers....

Because it was the 25th anniversary, Andrew Lloyd Webber gave a speach and the original cast came up to sing a few songs. Incredible how they can still sing that well after 25 years! I wish I had such a voice :)

Clare D., I wish you could have been there too... !































   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eLyvAU9kQE
   sorry for the turbulence at the end... 

1 comment:

  1. A memorable experience indeed! Still can't believe I managed to get us tickets. The show had been sold out for weeks, a few hours after the tickets were realeased they were all gone. But then suddenly, on Friday, they released 100 cheaper standing tickets. Those were sold out in no time again, but not before I managed to us 2! Miracles do happen indeed ;-)

    ReplyDelete